As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We also earn commissions from other affiliate programs through our links at no extra cost to you.
Moving your exercise routine from the gym to your home doesn’t have to be an expensive affair. Even if you don’t have a lot of space for equipment, a compact exercise bike should definitely be one of those must have fitness machines. The ProGear 225 Foldable Magnetic Upright Bike with Heart Pulse could easily qualify because it is not a space hog and it costs hardly anything.
The 225 model is the most compact upright exercise bike in Paradigm’s ProGear line up but it doesn’t skimp on features and overall quality. If cost is your concern then you should consider this model for your home gym. You don’t even need a separate room for it because it is foldable and can be moved from one room to another and even if you let it stay put in one place, it won’t get in the way. Add to that, it is quiet when in use, comfortable and stable.
- Space requirements
- Noise level
Apartment dwellers and budget buyers
Click here for Amazon’s current price on the ProGear 225 Upright Bike, or let’s take a closer look at this foldable magnetic exercise bike.
Features of the ProGear 225 Foldable Magnetic Upright Bike with Heart Pulse
- Really compact: This is a full sized bike measuring 32” long X 17.5” wide X 46” high when fully assembled and weighs 34.8 pounds. This means you can let it be permanently on one side of the living room and in front of the TV if you want.
It measures 19″ L x 17.5″ w x 53″ H when folded by bringing the front and back stands together, and a pair of wheels at the bottom of he back stand allows you to wheel it away to another room or even into a closet when you’re done with your workout.
- Strong and stable: As long as the user is not too heavy, too short or too tall, this is a great bike for the price. Its maximum weight capacity is 220 lbs and can accommodate people between 5.1 feet and 6 feet. It has adjustable leg stabilizers to prevent wobble even if you place it on a slightly uneven floor. You won’t have to worry about tipping over even if you stand to pedal.
- Fitness metrics display: The simple LCD screen displays all the necessary metrics you need to track your workout progress – distance, time, speed, calories burned, pulse and scan. Your heart rate is monitored by pulse contact points on the handlebars.
- Seat comfort: The seat is quite large and contoured and therefore comfortable. It has the standard firmness to it. It can be adjusted for height to adapt to users between 5.1 feet and 6 feet. The height adjustment knob under the back of the seat has to be removed to push the seat up or down and reinserted once in position.
- Smooth magnetic resistance: Dual action magnetic resistance flywheel can be adjusted to work at any of eight different levels by a simple turn of a dial under the display and this can be done in the middle of working out. The three piece crank system ensures a smooth pedaling action. You can also back pedal on this bike.
- Pedals with straps: The pedals are quite large and they come with footstraps, so your feet are always secure with no risk of them flying out when pedalling fast.
- Quiet operation: The magnetic resistance flywheel and belt drive ensure very quiet operation even at high pedalling speeds.
- There’s a small accessories holder that can be used for your smart phone or a small water bottle.
- Easy to assemble and move: Even though instructions say you need two people to assemble the bike, many have said that they could manage alone. The instructions are crystal clear and all the parts are labelled. It is so light that moving it before and after each workout is easy.
- Very quiet: You can listen to music or watch TV while cycling.
- Great value: For what you get, this is one of the best upright exercise bikes under 200 dollars.
- Use it anywhere: Because of its size and weight and portability, you can set it up just about anywhere and leave it there or put it away.
- Not for very heavy, very short or very tall people: It can only handle up to 220 lbs in weight and its seat’s adjustability doesn’t allow for anyone outside the 5.1′-6′ range.
- Short warranty: You egt what you pay for, and in this case it is a 1 year limited warranty.
- No where to place an iPad: If you want entertainment while you pedal then place the bike in front of a TV or just listen to music.
Who This is Best For
Anyone not too heavy, short or tall. Those living in an apartment or small home and not willing to spend a lot on a fancy exercise bike.
Paradigm Demonstrates the ProGear 225